- Usually it's never boring in Rüdesheim and its environment.
Here you can find some tipps what you can do in your free time.
You can ask us as well - we would be pleased to help you with your leisure time plans!
- Rheinsteig® - Rambling on a higher ground. The Rheinsteig® trail runs along the right bank of the river Rhine between Bonn, Koblenz und Wiesbaden along predominantly narrow paths and challenging inclines, uphill and downhill, leading to forests, vineyards and spectacular views. This exceptionally well sign-posted and closely networked trail offers opportunities for ambitious long-distance walking tours or for a variety of short tours.
- Rudesheim Segtours
- A Segway enables you to ride almost silently through the stunning Upper Middle Rhine Valley UNESCO World Heritage. Thanks to this unique means of transportation, the hilly landscape can be experienced at a leisurely pace and completely relaxed. Roll with us along the River Rhine, get to know some historical sites and enjoy the high-quality food in the Rheingau. The tours provide driving enjoyment at its best. The trend vehicle Segway is easy to use and everyone aged 15 and older can participate with appropriate licence in the tours.
- Rhine boats -between Eltville and Koblenz you can find a lot of boat companies - they invite you to discover the beautiful landscape from a very special perspective.
- Niederwald monument - The "Germania" was built in 1871 and is at the top of the vineyards of Ruedesheim at the beginning of the Niederwald forest. The 38 metres high statue is a landmark of the region. You can reach it by car, bus or with the cable car (lower terminus in town center in the upper street of Ruedesheim, pedestrian area).
- Monastery St. Hildegard, Eibingen
- In the vineyards of Ruedesheim you can find that monastery which was built at the beginning of the 20th century in memory of Hildegard of Bingen who lived in the 12th century. Today approx. 60 benedictine nuns are living there. They are self-sufficient and sell groceries, wine, candles, jewelery and books in their big monastery shop.
- middle ages torture museum - view the instruments used for torture in the middle ages. Learn about the methods of torture, witches, funeral piles, witch-hunts, witchcraft, the Inquisition, and the Medieval punishments.
- Ponyland Ebental - a family friendly free time paradise in the middle of green fileds and woodland above Ruedesheim with sulky tours, covered wagon tours, helicopter flights, nature camping and much more
- Siegfrieds Mechanical Musiccabinett - unique museum for mechanical music instruments in Ruedesheim at the top of the Drosselgasse
- Ruedesheimer Winzerexpress - discover the vineyards and the sights of Ruedesheim on a tour with the Ruedesheimer noddy train!
- Rheingauer wine museum Brömserburg: wine culture and history are presented in one of the oldest castle along the Rhine at the promenade of Ruedesheim
In the Asbach-visitor-center you can see a diashow about the history of the world famous brandy company and you can buy a lot of Asbach products in the factory shop.
- Toy museum
shows toys and model railroads from the last 100 years and a model railroad world-scale plant of the rhine valley in the style of the 30ies to the 50ies.
- Taunus Wunderland - amusement park at Schlangenbad; fun and adventure for the family!
- Wunderkiste - Indoor-, play- and fun park for children from 2 years
- Kisselmühle - Lama- and Alpaca farm
- Monastery Eberbach - discover the mystic heritage of the cistercian munks! The monastery is still popular all over the world because parts of the movie "The name of the rose" with Sean Connery were made here.
As well a lot of monasteries, castles and palaces are inviting to discover, visit and stay.
You can find open-air pools in Ruedesheim, Hallgarten and Eltville, an indoor pool is in Geisenheim. Fun pools and thermal baths are located between Bingen and Ingelheim (Rheinwelle), in Wiesbaden (Kaiser-Friedrich-Therme) and in Hofheim (Rhein-Main-Therme)